Headshot Photography for BusinessMonday September 26, 2016
Looking Your Best for the Digital Marketplace
I estimate that 90% of the people I photograph tell me that they don't like stand in front of a camera. And I totally understand. In fact, that's why I am behind the camera.
However, having a decent headshot to use across the various digital marketing channels is important. LinkedIn is the social media channel for business and recruitment and yet there are headshots of people holding a glass of wine, with their favourite dog, in shorts and flip-flops on a beach, or the photo is so dark or out of focus that you cannot see who they really are.
So what's the magic behind a good headshot for business?
- Keep it clean and simple. A plain white or grey background gives scope for flexibility across a wide range of digital marketing channels;
- Focus on the eyes. When we meet someone we always look into their eyes and it is the same with a headshot. Keep the eyes sharp and in focus;
- Wear what you wear to work. Ideally, the headshot needs to reflect how you will be seen in the working environment. If you don't normally wear a tie, then have the headshot taken without a tie;
- Stripes are a no-no. Ideally wear relatively plain clothing as stripes and spots can send your eyes funny when the photo is reduced in size for digital marketing channels;
- Promoting the business. Wearing branded clothing brings through the company identity and is really good for websites. Or, have a subtle company logo in the background;
- Be guided on how to stand. The reason why actors generally look good when they ae photographed is because they are taught how to pose. Be guided by the photographer on how to strike that killer business pose;
- Allocate the time. Getting the best headshot takes time. Do not expect to turn up and have two photos taken. You want that headshot to reflect who you are, bringing out a bit of your personality. That takes a little time.
I've been taking Business Headshots for a while and there is another unwritten rule that tends to produce the best result. Enjoy the photoshoot. If you have fun, it will come through in your photo.
If you need a Business Headshot, please get in touch. They can either be taken at a company's premises or in my studio in Church Village. Just get in touch and I will work with you to produce that Business Headshot that puts you ahead of the crowd!
And take a look at a selection of Business Headshots on my website. The two photographs shown in this blog are from Beth Daniel Hair Designers in Bridgend and Effective HRM in Treforest.
Phone: 07909 103789
Via the website
« Back to Blog